Wednesday, July 13, 2011

REVIEW: ORS Lock & Twist Gel

Although products with glycerin provide moisture, they also cause my hair to frizz beyond belief in the summer. So, during the summer months, I try to eliminate products with that ingredient in it. I have been doing my twist-outs lately using Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue. I've found that the hold is phenomenal and I rarely get frizz.However, Miss Jessie's can be a bit pricey, especially when you use it as frequently as I do (i.e.,  every week). I am not going to stop using it, b/c I get great results from it. But I'm going to start alternating to make it last a bit longer. That being said, after some Google searches yesterday on what to try to twist my hair with for a fab twist-out, I kept coming across Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) Lock & Twist Gel. Being that it's less than $4-5 for the container, I decided to give it a try.
The results after the jump...

 The product gave me great hold, yet my hair was soft, not crunchy. See pics below.
Twist-out  

By the way -- this is at the end of the day (pics taken less than 30 min ago, past 10pm). My twists withstood the heat and humidity AND rain!! I will purchase this again :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this stuff too! It really does have good hold and prevents my hair from getting massive.

KeetaRay said...

Yes!! I appreciate that for my conservative office days ;)

Hitgirl said...

Will have to try it, your hair looks great!

Anonymous said...

KEETA! Your hair looks the BOMB! *HAIR ENVY*

KeetaRay said...

Thanks, Ha'na! And thanks, Alex!! :)