Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Product Review: Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Thickening Line

I love the Shea Moisture line of products and decided to try their thickening and volumizing Shampoo and hair mask recently. I was very pleased with my results today.





**Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Thickening Shampoo
    For fine, thin hair, Volumize & soften, Creates fuller, healthier hair, No animal testing.
Contains -
Biotin: Strengthens the hair follicle.
Yucca: Thickens hair and helps prevent hair loss.
Baobab Oil: Contains Vitamins A, C, D, E and F to fortify and strengthen hair.

Contains no-
  • Parabens
  • Phthalates
  • Paraffin
  • Gluten
  • Propylene glycol
  • Mineral Oil
  • Synthetic fragrance
  • PABA
  • Synthetic color
  • DEA
  • Animal ingredients
  • Sulfates
Initial Thoughts: This shampoo left my hair feeling soft and clean, but not stripped of moisture. My curls were actually defined when using this shampoo, which rarely happens with any other shampoo I've used in the past. And the smell, DIVINE!!! This is definitely becoming a staple. 


**Shea Moisture Organic Anti-Breakage Hair Masque Yucca & Baobab

This all natural intense treatment masque with biotin & bamboo extract is for thin, fine hair. It penetrates to moisturize and repair over-processed, dry, brittle or damaged hair. It thickens, volumizes & softens.
  • Baobab oil-Contains vitamins A,C,D,E and F to fortify and strengthen hair
  • Yucca-Thickens hair and helps to prevent hair loss
  • Biotin-A powerful B vitamin that strengthens the hair follicle
  • No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, animal testing, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, or animal ingredients
Initial Thoughts: This product also smells lovely, and I applied it to my hair in sections and let it sit with a plastic cap for approximately 20 minutes. I rinsed with cool water and styled as usual.

I'd give these products a 4.5 out of 5, only because I need to see the results after continued use as far as how thickening and volumizing they are. For the first go, it seems to have made a noticeable difference. My hair was very moisturized without being greasy or weighed down, and it had more body than usual.  The price is great, too, at $8.49-9.99 (depending on where you buy it from. Both Walgreens and Target carry this line).

Here is a pic of my hair from today. I did a flat twist out (which I need to do a tutorial on soon). I did 5 or 6 larger flat twists for this look and I was quite pleased with my results.
Jan 8, 2013

2 comments:

MissAshDG said...

I need to branch out and try their other lines. Thanks for the review :)

KeetaRay said...

No problem! Thank you for reading :)