Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Addicted to Twitter?


OK so if any of you follow me on Twitter, and if you login daily, you KNOW that I tweet excessively. I don't know how this happened... How did I become addicted? I didn't even see it coming! Here is how you know you are addicted to Twitter (just a few signs from David Risley):

  • You’re on the FriendFeed website and find yourself refreshing the page rather than waiting for the auto-refresh. F5 is worn out.
  • You realize you need to turn off Twitter or FriendFeed to get any work done. Problem is, you “realized” that an hour ago, too.
  • You get overly excited when you get a new follower.
  • You find yourself typing “@” to reply to people, even if its in an email.
  • You are bored and confused whenever there is another Twitter outage.
  • You have Twhirl or Alert Thingy set to start automatically on boot up.
  • Your blog hasn’t been updated in awhile, but you’ve been Twittering like crazy.
  • You feel the strong need to check up on FriendFeed or Twitter before going to bed at night. Or perhaps on your laptop IN bed.
  • First thing you do when you get home from date night with the wife is check Twitter or FriendFeed.
  • You put your Twitter handle on your business card.

Here are my own signs that I've added:
- You MUST reply to all @replies throughout the day
- You repeatedly check your @replies to see who is talking to you
- You have more than one Twitter app on your phone, or more than 1 way to access Twitter via computer

I had to log out today to get some work done, y'all. It used to be Facebook that I was addicted to. Now I can barely stand it, b/c Twitter has taken over!! I guess it will fade soon... I hope!

In the meantime... ummm... follow me @1KeetaRay. LOL

No comments: