- Mixed Chicks Shampoo - I've tried using shampoos without sulfates, etc. But I had so much build-up and my hair wasn't responding well. It's true that sulfates can dry out natural hair. HOWEVER, I am a true believer that if something works for you, keep doing it. THIS shampoo works very well for me. It cleans without stripping my hair - it never feels dry, just... clean. I love it!
- Mixed Chicks Leave-In - This is a creamy leave-in. Love it! It provides so much moisture AND hold, so now I use it for my twist-outs after washing my hair.
- Herbal Essence Hello Hydration - When I do co-washes, I just use this conditioner. Works very well. Low-cost, keeps my hair moisturized. Great slip, too.
- Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner - I use this as my deep conditioner. This is the best one I've tried and alleviates all hair dryness issues for me. I use this once every 2 weeks.
- Pure, un-refined Shea Butter - I get this from my local beauty supply. LOVE IT! I've been using this since I BC'd. It's inexpensive, and just does the job. One jar/carton lasts me months.
- Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil - Another staple that I've been using for quite some time now. A little goes a LONG way. Perfect, light oil. What I typically do is mix a small amount with shea butter, melt it enough to mix/whip it together, and apply it to my hair when damp as I two-strand twist. I take the twists out once dry and my hair is moisturized and soft.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
My Favorite Hair Products
In my 16 months of being natural, I've tried quite a few products. Well, I have a NEW list of staples that I cannot live without. Some products are the same, while some I've recently discovered. Here they are, below: