Monday, April 11, 2011

Review: Safi HairCare Citrus SheaCoco Butter

I've had the pleasure of being offered a trial-size of Safi HairCare's newest edition to the line, Citrus SheaCoco Butter. The owner, Alexandra Smith (also now a friend of mine) asked me to try this out, and I was more than happy (excited, actually) to try this out.

Here are the product facts:


- Ingredients: Raw Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Sweet Orange Essence Oil, Lemon Essential Oil, and Vitamin E.

4 oz $13.00
8 oz $16.00

This product is GREAT for twists, twist outs, braids, braid outs...

-How I Used It: I co-washed my hair with Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner. While my hair was wet after washing, I applied Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-In Conditioner (my staple) throughout. I sectioned my hair off and applied a small amount of the Citrus SheaCoco Butter along with a very small amount of gel (Fantasia ic Olive Gel) for additional hold. I twisted each section and did this all over until I was left with about 14-15 twists all over. I let my hair air-dry overnight, then unraveled the twists in the morning and fluffed/separated. 

My hair had a nice sheen, a very pleasant and light scent, and was very moisturized.




Thumbs up!! :) I definitely recommend this product.

5 comments:

MsDiva1658 said...

I love it Keeta. I am trying new products and I think I would like this one.

KeetaRay said...

Thank you, Sherrie :) I love her products.

Veronica said...

your twist out looks gorgeous!!!!

Blessed Tresses said...

Your hair looks beautiful-I love it!!!

KeetaRay said...

Thank you :)