Friday, April 1, 2011

Camden Grey Order - Review



I purchased a few items from Camden Grey and received my order today :-) They have essential oils and lots of natural products for those of us who like to mix their own. I ordered: Grapeseed Oil, Argan Oil, Hemp Seed Butter, and Rhassoul Clay powder.

My hair was a frizzy mass by the time I got home today due to the weather, so I decided to try 2 of the 4 products to retwist my hair to let it set. In a spray bottle, I mixed 80% water, 10% veggie glycerin, and 10% grapeseed oil. Shook it up and wet my hair, in sections. For each section, I applied a small amount of the hemp seed butter for moisture and then a small amount of ic Fantasia Olive Gel for hold. I twisted the section and did this until all my hair was twisted. I plan to let it airdry and take it out in the morning. Overall I have about 14 or 15 twists. I won't know my result until tomorrow but I can say my hair feels good - moisturized and soft. I'll be sure to snap a pic tomorrow of my twist out for you all.A few people has noted they don't care for the smell of hemp seed butter too much but it didn't bother me. However, I'm not the most sensitive to smells as I typically like "earthy/natural" scents. *shrugs* So, it really depends on your preference. To me, the hemp seed butter smelled "clay like" but it isn't strong and to be honest, I can't even smell it on my hair right now.

I will review the Rhassoul Clay powder and Argan Oil when I use it. I am not sure when I plan to use those two so stay tuned. By the way, this is my first time trying any of these products in this order so this is trial and error for me. Just wanted to share :-)
Hemp Seed Butter - 1/4 lb.
Grapeseed Oil - 1 lb.

Rhassoul Clay powder - 1 lb.

Argan Oil - 2 oz.

No comments: