Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our Little Girls and Their Hair

I got this from a blog (see link below) that I subscribe to. It was kind of a response to Tyra's recent show about Black Hair (women's take) and how the little girls on there hated their hair b/c of what their moms basically told them either directly or indirectly.

http://naturallyobsessed.onsugar.com/3279597?page=0,0#comment-5337193

Take a look and view the 2 videos she has posted on the blogpost, also. I think it's "interesting" that we are the only race that chemically alters our hair b/c it's "not good enough". Yes, other cultures have their curly perms and whatnot, but why is it a given that when we get a certain age we will have a perm? Looking forward to the day when people truly understand that black hair is not bad & embrace the fact that it's different and unique. I don't know about you, but I love not being like everyone else!! ;-)


No comments: