Sunday, July 18, 2010

Meet Naomi! This week's natural hair feature!!




1. How long have you been natural? Did you transition, BC, both? I have been natural 2 years (anniversary was July 4th), Yes I transitioned for 6 months before the BC, I had about 1/2 a inch to 1 inch of her left :) By the way my hair is back where it was when I cut it.

2. What reaction have you received since going natural? Did you announce your decision or did you just do it?  I was telling everyone I was going to do it I had (bsl) relaxed hair, I took pictures and sent them out as I was doing it the BC everyone was shocked but said it looked cute on me.

3. What are your current fave styles to do on your hair? Do you have a staple style? Please share how you achieve it :) Well my staple or favorite is my chunky twist out I use Bonner Brother moisturizer to set it and each night I pull my hair in a loose pony tail on top of my head without retwisting by the end of the week it is HUGE and beautiful.

4. What has been the most significant change within yourself that you've noticed since going natural? I have more SWAGGER, it has been the biggest confidence booster and people are always asking me if it's a wig or telling me that they are thinking about going natural and ask for advice.

5. What do you love most about being natural? The FREEDOM, the $ I am saving (my savings account is thanking me) and the time that I can never get back because I was sitting in a SALON for 2 to 3 hours.

6. What are your must-have products? Any favorites that you cannot do without? Must have is my shea butter mix that I make,WATER, and I must say that 3.99 Bonner Brother moisturizer.

7. Finally, any advice you'd like to give to women who have just BC'd or are thinking of going natural? Please share :) I can san just take the plunge but you have to be ready and do it at you own time, don't let anyone talk you into or out of it. Because when I do my mini twist and it takes me 5 hours nobody is helping me. Most importantly be happy and accept you texture don't wish for somebody else hair because more than likely someone is wishing for your. Just DO YOU!!! :)






(1st picture twist out, 2nd press, 3rd front braided with twist)

No comments: