Friday, July 16, 2010

Product Reviews: Curl Clouds & Pop Curls Curly Jelly from SafiHaircare

The lovely owner of Safi Hair Care, Alex, was gracious enough to share 2 of her wonderful hair products with me to review for you all. I currently use her Avocado Shea Hair Butter for twists/twist-outs and absolutely love it.

The first product I tried is called Curl Clouds. It's described as a light mixture that is great for curl definition, daily moisture, and styling. It can also be used directly on the body to moisturize your skin. It has a very light and pleasant scent.

Ingredients: Raw Shea Butter, Vitamin E, Extracts of frankincense and myrrh, aloe vera gel, sweet almond oil, unrefined coconut oil, honey, and agave nectar.

When I tested this product, I used it on damp hair for curl definition. I applied in small sections from root to tip. It left me with a soft hold and good definition.
--------------------
I also tried Pop Curls Curly Jelly. This is her new curl definer that she plans to release when the summer is over. It's a curl definer that gives a medium hold.

Ingredients: Water, organic flaxseed gel extract, rosemary e.o., pepperment e.o., and vitamin E.

I tried this on wet hair (dripping wet, right out the shower). The wetter your hair, the better the curl definition. Smooth it in from root to tip in small sections. You can scrunch, shake, or diffuse your hair once you're done with the application. I just let mine airdry, as I usually do with wash and go's. My hair was not crunchy at all but definitely had a good hold.

I give both products an A!! I will be purchasing in the future. I posted the link for Safi Hair Care's online store below.

Safi Natural Hair Care Online Boutique

No comments: