Saturday, April 7, 2012

Wearing My Natural Hair

Out to dinner with friends: Alex, Christina, and Safa


Hey Hey Hey!
Just a super QUICK post to share that I've taken out my Urban Twists from The Damn Salon. I got them done on Feb. 3 and took them out on Apr 6. I could have left them in longer (they still looked great), but I have an appointment with them on the 13th to get them done again and I wanted to let my hair breathe and give it some TLC beforehand. After taking them out I did a pre-poo (applied coconut oil throughout my entire head and let it sit for 10-15 min), then conditioned and detangled using Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner. After my hair was thoroughly detangled and and moisturized, I applied my fave leave-in and staple, Kinky Curly Knot Today, and set my hair in large two strand twists to allow it to air dry, sealing the ends with coconut oil. After it was dry, I put my hair into a high bun as pictured below. Let me add, when I initially took my Urban Twists out my hair did not feel dry at all, it was pretty soft. My hair didn't thin out and other than some growth, I don't see a difference in the way my hair was before the twists - which is GREAT. *thumbs up* I am likely to wear my hair in this bun (moisturizing at night) until my next appointment with them. And if you want to know how I did my high bun - I did it EXACTLY like "MsDanti" did in this tutorial:




Hair styled in a high bun 

HAPPY EASTER to all of you who celebrate!! God Bless <3

No comments: