Thursday, September 20, 2012

Today's Hair: The Puff

Since taking my braids out (Urban Twists), I've pretty much been wearing my hair in a bun. I wore it out ONCE, it was cute THAT DAY, but outside of that day I hadn't been feeling it. I've been experimenting a lot because it seems my hair is not responding to some of my staple hair products and it has been beyond frustrating. After a failed flat-twist-out attempt (I actually did a good job with flat twisting but my hair just didn't hold and got frizzy soon after taking them out), I decided to try my regular twist out with a product I hadn't used in awhile. I was pleasantly surprised with my hair this morning and the fullness of it.

Wanna know what I used? Click "Read More" for details!

On already stretched and dry hair, I sectioned and spritzed lightly with a mix of water and a leave-in (Koils by Nature Shealoe Leave-In), then applied a small amount of Cantu Shea Butter to each section and twisted. I then put the twists into pincurls and allowed my hair to set overnight.

In the morning, I untwisted my hair and fluffed. I used a stretchy headband to pull my hair into place and pinned the headband in place so it doesn't move. I used a little gel around my edges to make it look neater and then tied a scarf around my head.

The volume I achieved while twisting on dry hair was much better than when I do this on wet hair. And the product combo seemed to work for me.



What are your favorite products to use for your twist outs? Do you prefer flat twist outs or "regular" twist outs?


No comments: