Saturday, November 7, 2009

Twist Out

I did a twistout Thursday night - but not my usual twistout. This time I made the twists smaller. My hair is really soft and is holding well on Day 2. Here is what I did:

  1. Co-washed (wash w/o shampoo, just conditioner) with Herbal Essence Totally Twisted (fyi: I always put Olive Oil in my conditioners and shake well - about 2-3 tablespoons)
  2. Applied my leave-in conditioner, Kinky Curly Knot Today.
  3. Finger-parted my hair in small sections, starting from the back. For each section I applied a small amount of my shea butter mixture (mixed shea butter, jojoba oil and coconut oil in a small container). After applying the shea mixture, I then applied a small amount of ic Fantasia Olive Gel (for hold) and then 2-strand twisted. I did this over my entire head, it took about 50 min to an hour.
  4. Sat under the dryer for 20-30 min just to help it set and get rid of excess moisture, b/c I was going to bed soon.
  5. Untwisted in the morning - Make sure it's COMPLETELY dry when untwisting or it WILL FRIZZ! Don't rake ur fingers thru the twists, that will also cause frizz. Just pull the twists apart in 1 or 2 more sections to create fullness; fluff, and style!
Hope these tips help!! The first pic is day 1, the second pic is day 2. I just slept with a satin bonnet on last night and fluffed it up this morning.




1 comment:

k . . . said...

Hey, i totally love your twist out! It's so cute and looks cool! Congrats on going natural and actually coming up with creative styles!
xoxo